What is PCD?
PCD wheel is nowadays widely used in floor prep industries for removing those old/ damaged coatings. While you know what makes a well-performed PCD wheel? Let’s start from PCD.
Polycrystalline diamond (PCD) is a synthetic material made from diamond particles that have been fused together under high pressure and high temperature. PCD is a superhard material that is used in a variety of industrial applications, including cutting tools, abrasives, and wear-resistant parts. It is known for its exceptional hardness, wear resistance, and thermal conductivity, making it ideal for use in high-speed machining and other demanding applications. PCD is also chemically inert, which makes it resistant to chemical attack and corrosion.
That is why Polycrystalline diamond (PCD) is used in a variety of industrial applications due to its exceptional hardness, wear resistance, and thermal conductivity. And in the traditional stone & construction industries PCDs are used as :
- Cutting tools: PCD is used to make cutting tools for machining non-ferrous metals, plastics, and composites. PCD cutting tools are known for their high cutting speeds, long tool life, and excellent surface finish.
- Abrasives: PCD is used as an abrasive material in grinding wheels and other abrasive tools. PCD abrasives are known for their high grinding efficiency, low heat generation, and long tool life.
We choose PCD as working bits to remove those coatings on the floor is absolutely a wise choice. The coatings can be acrylics, urethanes, paint & epoxy etc.
How to make a good PCD wheel?
Usually 1/4 size PCD bits of high quality with good durability which can stand high temperature & pressure and with super cutting force are chosen to make our PCD grinding wheels.
- The5” & 7” PCD cup wheel is usually with 6pcs/ 9pcs PCD bits.
- But please do not forget the PCD cup wheel design, a good design gonna affect its final performance
- And importantly, we do a firm bonding between these PCD bits & cup wheel shanks to make sure it will always perform safely till the end. Silver brazing is adopted to achieve the firm bonding.
That’s all? Definitely no!
Inspect & well balance these PCD wheels one by one is necessary. Well balanced cup wheel gonna reduce the wobbling to minimum and offers the user a nice experience during use.
And finally comes to its price. Price is not a determinant for a good PCD wheel, however it should be reasonably priced considering its quality, performance. And try to satisfy the dear customers based on that.
Emmm, maybe now a good PCD is ready to meet customer’s need.
Come to Sino Star New Materials to know our pro PCD wheel with good price.